I had tire company diagnose a p401 code. I brought my vehicle to VIP in Stratham NH.

I had a brake job done and the brakes clunk but they seem to work ok.

I have done business with them for years. They diagnosed the P401 and charged $92 . they wanted another 92 and 240 for the EGR replacement. The sales clerk swipped my card into the PC and had me swipe it for debt to pay so I could get my vehicle (what is that).I need to check my bank statement.

They wanted $424 to diagnose and install an EGR. They clearly are grifting the customers!

Comments

Gary MacCausland

Vice President of Operations

VIP Auto - Tires & Service

Phone 207.740.0170

Fax 978.465.4737

This is the vip complaint line. Call any time day or night.

JQuirk@vipauto.com

Owner of vip tires and service email

John quirk.

The first $92 is the labor for diagnostics, which covers all the time it took for testing. The second $92 is the labor to replace the part which is not normally included with diagnostics.

The $240 is for the part obviously, which is not an unfair price for an EGR valve depending on the vehicle. Call a dealership to compare pricing and labor charges, you will probably be shocked at how much a difference the pricing is.

I am sorry for your experince Please contact us at (207)-784-5423 or VIPAUTO.com so we can resolve this. I look foward to hearing fom you