Tyngsborough, Massachusetts

I have gone to the Billerica MA store for the past few years and I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson. I went in this morning to buy a few things, and while I was there I inquired about an oil change for my 2003 Cadillac DeVille. I told them that the local gas station in the next town would do it for $55.00, and they had done it several times in the past for a similar price.

After checking my history by referencing my phone number the manager said he would do it for $62.00. I figured I would pay a bit more since I was already there. They took my keys and pulled my car in.

After about 25 minutes of walking around the store I went back to get a price on a catalytic converter and asked if there was more than one on my car. Since they couldn't find out on the computer the same manager wen out to look at my car which was still on the lift. He came back in still not knowing the answer to my question but advised me that my oil change would now be $78.00 because my car takes 7.5 quarts of Mobil one.

I reminded him that he already gave me a quote, had done the job several times before and had me waiting for nearly a half hour.

H told me it was not done yet and he would not do it for the quoted price.I left in frustration.

Earlier this year I inqired about the cost to mount and balance 4 tires I was purchasing on the internet.

He told me he could not mathch the tire price but would mount and balance them for $40.00.

When I got the tires I lugged them there and dropped them off out back. I went inside to pay and authorize the work and was told that they would not honor the quote by the manager from a few days prior and the cost was now $88.00.

I would say the manager is not very smart but each time I go there its a different manager. As a consumer I think they violated the law in these cases but I don't have the tim to bother. The gas station I usually go to took good care of me and appreciated my business.

Comments