Kennebunk, Maine
1.6
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

After being up sold, I own that on a wheel bearing that I don't believe I needed, the 'mechanic' left another customer's wheel stud in the brake shoe/drum assembly. I noticed a clicking and metal scratching sound when my kid (his primary vehicle) was pulling out of the parking lot each morning this week. Thinking it was the wheel bearing, I took the wheel off and removed the brake drum...lo and behold I found friggin wheel stud which fell onto the grass when I removed the drum. Totally unprofessional, my kid could have been hurt or worse.

Speaking of worse, after fixing a window track issue, they somehow managed to break my lock actuator, now the car will not lock, not even manually. When confronted they said it was like this when i brought it in...it was not!

Oh, BTW, they also tried to up sell me on the front end being 'loose' and needing tie rods. The thing is solid...little red flags were going up when they started to mention the front end and rear wheel bearing but i did not listen to my instincts. Shame on me.

I will never return. Shame on you VIP!

Review about: Vip Auto Parts Car Part Replacement.

I liked: Open on weekend.

I didn't like: Credibility of manager and mechanic.

Had an Experience with Vip Auto Parts?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion